whatadrama

Monday, September 11, 2006

My first zip
























Well thanks to the gorgeous EB sewing girls, I have finally done a zip. Yay :)

I am giving myself 5-6 out of 10 for this effort but mainly because of the waistband on the skirt, am not happy with it at all.

I LOVE this skirt though. It is made of an embroidered cotton overskirt and cotton underskirt which sit about 2cm below the overskirt.

The hems are rolled and I made a scrunchie type feature with the underskirt fabric. The feature also has a rolled hem and is gathered then hand sewn on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Paula, it looks great! Love to see a pict of you modelling it too! :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

Well done Paula. My attempt will be happening tonight

6:12 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Skirt is just lovely Paula. I too would love to see a pic of you modelling it!
Well done on the zip and the little feature.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Paula, this is just sensational. Did you use a pattern at all? You are inspiring me to sew something for myself. I want to see a pic of you as a model as well.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home